Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe and the Americas that simplifies the loves of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We saw a 4x year-over-year ARR growth last year and continue to grow! Join us for a whale of a ride!
At Docker, we simplify the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. Docker helps developers bring their ideas to reality by conquering the complexity of app development using container images. The Registry team develops and maintains the largest and most popular container registry service in the world today, Docker Hub. Millions of users - community developers, open-source projects, and Independent Software Vendors - push and pull Docker container images billions of times through Docker Hub.
The Registry team is a product team that is responsible for the performant search, distribution, discovery and management of Docker images and other OCI content on Docker Hub. We leverage open specifications and code to achieve this and work with partners and peers across the Cloud Native ecosystem. If you love building products with impact and are an experienced backend Software Engineer then this role is for you!
The successful candidate is comfortable working with product managers and designers to develop, maintain and evolve SaaS features. They have experience working with microservices and serverless functions. They are constantly seeking ways to improve monitoring and reliability of SaaS services as well as CI/CD workflows to ensure they maintain a high level of quality with a fast pace of delivery. Finally, they are passionate about how developers’ lives could be made easier, and excited to create world-class tools to help the global development community deliver containers more effectively.
- Develop, deploy and monitor microservices and serverless components in AWS
- Improve the functionality of the world’s largest repository of container images
- Build and improve team automation tools including Github Actions, Argo CD, and Grafana dashboards
- Tackle high-performance engineering challenges to deliver container images in a performant way
- Play an active role in improving the way registry services are tested and deployed
- Interact with other teams within Docker, as well as with upstream open source communities and our users
- 3+ years experience building, deploying, and monitoring microservices on top of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Proficiency in modern programming languages. We love to work with Go.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases in high-volume environments
- Comfortable following software engineering best practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration, and testing
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy (self-motivated, organized) and the ability to work remotely across time zones
Expectations (30/90/1 year)
- Meet the team
- Understand the team mission
- Start diving into a part of the code base
- Ship a small change
- Feel comfortable in a part of the code base
- Meet people across the company
- Ship a more major change
- Have demoed something you worked on at the internal Product Development demos
- Attended a customer call
- Understanding of the Docker personas and how they apply to the registry
- Have autonomy/ownership over an area (level dependent)
- Helped shape the direction of Docker Hub and the registry (level dependent)
- Have worked with other teams at Docker on delivering an end to end feature
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Variety of virtual and in-person social events to build connections and have fun
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- Generous maternity and parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Whaleness Days: company-wide day off each month
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Stock Options; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.