We aspire to build the “devops operating system”: one integrated platform to orchestrate the delivery of applications to the cloud, from start to finish. We will accomplish this by giving devops enthusiasts what they want most: a programming environment which can encode their expertise into reusable software components, while remaining compatible with their existing tools. If we are successful, the devops community will enter a new golden age of explosive innovation and collaboration, with the Dagger platform and brand at its center.
About The Role
A Software Engineer at Dagger will help in building the core platform, setting the engineering culture, and maintaining engineering quality as we scale. An ideal Senior Software Engineer is an experienced generalist who ships fast, and has built developer-facing products before. We encourage engineers to sustain our culture of autonomy, innovation, and creativity.
About The Product
Dagger is a portable development kit for CICD pipelines. Using Dagger, software teams can create powerful pipelines with minimal effort, then run them anywhere. Devops engineers love Dagger because it allows:
- Re-using the same pipelines across dev and CI
- Testing and debugging pipelines locally
- Re-using their same pipeline across CI environment, without re-writes
You can expect to:
- Build the product using the Go programming language
- Work directly with our teams, users and Dagger clients
- Be in the center of an open source community by helping DevOps engineer build their platform with Dagger
- Learn and help integrate with several Cloud Platforms and DevOps tools
- Mentor other team members
- Develop other open source upstream projects such as Buildkit and CUE
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Senior Engineer
- Experience with Go, Docker containers
- Experience with Cloud Providers either as a user or a developer (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Bonus: experience with moby/buildkit and CUE
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and operation on a global scale
- Discuss design and performance tradeoffs in complex systems
Benefits of working at Dagger:
- Health & Wellness -We pay 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance premiums for you AND your family.
- Professional Development & Growth-We encourage professional development and growth. On a case-by-case basis, we offer funding for team members to pursue their professional goals.
- Workflow - We are a 100% remote-first company: we encourage asynchronous, written communication and autonomy.
- Time Off - 5 weeks personal time off per year (PTO), we encourage everyone to take them.
- Equity - We recognize your contributions to our company through your earned equity in the company.