At Swile, the Innovation department (100 tech) is divided into 16 feature teams spread over our 4 Tribes:
Swile Card (Employees benefits; gifts, cards, meal vouchers, mobility... )
Swile App (Praise, insights, messaging...)
Affiliates (our affiliate partners; restaurants / GMS brands / marketplace / e-commerce site, etc.)
Core (our cross-functional teams; security, finance, payment, engineering efficiency, platform, etc.)
Our technology is mainly made up of web developers experienced in Ruby / Ruby-on-Rails (40%) and JS Node & React (60%) technologies and frameworks, fullswift iOS mobile side and fullKotlin Android.
The Swile platform is made up of several web applications and micro-services, each of which has its own database and API. Our infrastructure is hosted on Kubernetes, AWS and is described in Terraform. Joining Swile means working on a service with very high potential, which is deployed internationally (LATAM), and which involves real technical challenges; scalability, user traffic, B2B2C, payment...
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer !
Your team & Role: Attached to the Platform & SecOps Scope, you will join our Platform Team (6 Site Reliability Engineers + you). Your team is engaged to design, build, secure, and operate our infrastructure platform. You're working closely with other Tech teams (Backend, Data, Security, etc.) to craft and operate efficient, reliable, and scalable environments for customers and Swilers.
Your mission :
- Build and operate the shared infrastructure platform to support Swile's growth, new products and international development (based on AWS and Kubernetes).
- Train, coach and support developers to enable feature-teams autonomy on DevOps practices (to deserve our "you build it, you run it" philosophy). Our motto is "give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime".
- Perpetually improve the DevX (developer experience) by simplifying the CICD pipelines, by reducing the brakes on time to deliver, by automating everything that can be and that makes developers life better.
- Ensure control of technical debt and promote testing and quality practices even further (Infrastructure as Code).
- Participate in the team's visibility inside and outside of Swile through your contributions, writings and talks.
- Contribute to the decision making of technologies and tools to be implemented.
- Participate in team meetings, on-call duties, agile ceremonies and roadmap construction.
- Ensure the coherence and consistency of cross-team developments.
- The ideal candidate who match with this team needs to have...
- +3 years on cloud engineering at scale
- Fluent in Terraform AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- A preference to automate things rather than doing labor work
- An open mind, curious and always willing to improve
- Autonomy to work on his own but also teamplay spirit
- A customer focused mindset
- CKA certification is a bonus point
- Our tech culture will match with your ambitions if you like...
- Rigor and evolving in a context guided by good practices (clean code, testing, design patterns, SOLID principles ...)
- Working with teams, even remotely, and fostering a fun, healthy, and collaborative team dynamic
- The concept of learning/sharing/mentoring (guild, devops, monitoring, meet-up, conf ...)
- The challenges linked to technical issues of scalability and microservices
- To have ownership over your teams and your projects (no PO / PM at Swile!)
- The idea of building a fully real-time platform for hundreds of thousands users across the word
- Having lots of different contacts: support team, finance, marketing, sales ...
- Video screen: 30 minutes (Tech Recruiter x candidate)
- Hiring manager interview: 1 hour with Edouard Devouge, Head of Engineering (evaluation of soft/hard skills, teamfit, background, team/job information)
- Tech case: 1h30 case study and tech, tools, method & organization questions
- Swil'Interview: 45 minutes / During this stage all our Swilers can be called upon and contribute to the assessment of the skills of our candidates (focus on culture and values). The interviewers will be able to meet the candidates without cognitive bias and have constructive feedback on their interpersonal skills and know-how. Involving all of our employees in the success of our recruitments is an integral part of our culture and our values
- Manager interview (45min): VP People
- Final Round: 45 minutes / CTO or Tribe Director Interview