At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals(faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 60+ high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like ciso8601, LimitLion, SocketShark, TaskTiger, and more at https://github.com/closeio
We're looking for a full-time Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for databases(both SQL and NoSQL) to join our core team who has significant experience building, managing, and monitoring infrastructure, databases, and backend services at scale.
Come help us with projects like...
- Scale our Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB clusters to support our data growth
- Automate the maintenance and upgrades of our PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases
- Further develop our Prometheus/Grafana monitoring infrastructure
- Tighten security across our infrastructure
- Improve our public API’s performance and resiliency
- Building out our Kubernetes infrastructure to include additional services, increased redundancy/scalability, and harnessing new k8s features
- Implement autoscaling techniques that balance performance, workload demands and costs
- Improve our CI/CD process making builds/deployments faster and safer
Bonus: Are you a PostgreSQL or MongoDB expert? Please let us know! 🌟
- Expert knowledge of database internals either PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- Demonstrable expertise in database performance.
- Experience developing large-scale schema migration solutions.
- Have significant experience with *nix, Python, bash, Terraform, Ansible, or similar backend systems and frameworks
- Have experience configuring monitoring, logging, and other tools to provide visibility and actionable alerts
- Enjoy automating processes using Python, bash, Terraform, Ansible, or other scripting languages
- Have experience with Docker containers and containerized service
- Understand the full web stack, networking, and low level Unix computing
- Always be thinking of ways to improve reliability, performance, and scalability of the infrastructure
- Be self-motivated and comfortable with responsibility
- Have participated in and be comfortable with being part of an on-call rotation.(1 out of every 10 weeks)
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk(standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍 ❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).