Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for our Storage team.
What you will do:
- Work on improving database reliability and performance within the SRE team
- Work with peer SREs and software engineers to roll out changes to our production environment and help mitigate database-related production incidents
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams (reviews of database migrations & queries and query & performance optimizations)
- Design, build and maintain core database infrastructure
- Work on automation of database infrastructure
- Support and debug database production issues across services
Skills and experience you possess:
- Have at least 3 years of experience running MySQL in large production environments
- Have at least 2 years of experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Ansible, Terraform, or similar)
- Have at least 3 years of experience with any object-oriented programming language in a software engineering or adjacent role
- Have experience with Python web frameworks and strong programming skills
- Have solid understanding of SQL
- Have solid understanding of MySQL operation (replication, log management, etc) and internals (storage engine tuning, indexes, concurrency control, etc)
Projects you may work on:
- Improve our non-production environment database creation pipeline
- Create a performance benchmarking plan to inform database performance improvements
- Revamp our schema change review and testing system
- Automate temporal access granting for databases
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON'T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch's article about our focus on membership.
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR's How I Built This.
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn.