As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Twist, you will be working closely with the eCommerce, Salesforce, Bioinformatics and MES software groups to build and automate systems to deploy and monitor scalable, high-availability systems critical to the success of our business and the future of DNA synthesis on a massive scale. You will have significant impact throughout the company and your passion will be quickly felt and recognized.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Influence the development of solutions that impact strategic projects/program goals and business results
- Constantly evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions as the industry evolves, and develop standardized best practices
- Maintain domain knowledge expertise in public cloud architectures and best practices
- Resolve highly complex problems using a significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualization, reasoning and interpretation
- Follow regulatory and ISO 13485 requirements
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering and minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Managing Docker container deployment and orchestration including AWS ECS and Kubernetes
- Deep system-level familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting in Bash. Python knowledge a plus.
- Authoring automated deployments using Terraform.
- Automated provision/orchestration of AWS resources (e.g. via CloudFormation or other frameworks)
- System performance monitoring, reporting and optimization
- Source control in Git
- Experience with container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), and Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures.
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
- Experience with automated build in Jenkins or similar CI tools
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration frameworks
- Experience in managing multiple AWS environments and AWS ecosystem.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Deep understanding of high-performance/distributed computing concepts, software development lifecycle and database and query performance monitoring/tuning
- Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, log analysis programmatically
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification or AWS SysOps Administrator