We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to build, deploy, operate, sustain, and grow a modern ecosystem of cloud-native applications based on Kubernetes. The systems team will drive the stability and sustainability of these next-generation systems and discover innovative ways to scale and operate them reliably as we expand.
By using your technical background, together with strong analytical skills, you will make us more efficient. We are looking for a team player who has expertise in conceptualizing and developing relevant assets and advanced industry understanding to keep us on the cutting edge.
*Please Note that LinkedIn is having some issues with job postings. This is a full-time position - Senior level. #LI-Remote
About the role
In this role, you will work with Systems and Software Engineers to create proactive engineering mechanisms that will enable your team to manage the health of a number of distributed specialised Linux server fleets and the software stacks that run on them. You will deploy and monitor the systems and automation to ensure that regional tooling is operating optimally. You will use trends and metrics to identify opportunities for improvements within existing frameworks, tools, and processes to continuously improve systems.
Our tech stack includes: Groovy/Java, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS), Terraform, Go (Golang), Github Actions, Bash, Harbor. Plus we deploy in AWS (VPC, EC2, ECR, Batch).
Your mission will be:
- Develops, codes, builds, installs, configures, and maintains DevOps solutions and system deployment automation scripts.
- Participates in project planning meetings to share their knowledge of system options, risk, impact, and costs vs. benefits.
- Deployment: Uses configuration management software to automatically deploy updates and fixes into the production environment.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting: Performs routine application maintenance to ensure the production environment runs smoothly. Establish requirements and procedures.
- Recommends performance enhancements by performing gap analysis, identifying alternative solutions, and assisting with modifications.
- Systems analysis: Analyzes the technology currently being used and develops plans.
- Enable successful roll-out of Nextflow and Nextflow Tower to customers, including sharing and developing relevant assets, conceptualizing and engaging during the roll-out of the roadmap.
About you. We are looking for someone with:
- Top-notch experience with the Linux operating system.
- Consolidated experience with AWS cloud and, ideally, some Azure experience.
- Master AWS networking concepts and practice.
- Consolidated experience with Docker toolset, Kubernetes (AWS EKS) management and administration.
- Extended experience with AWS services like: EKS, Route53, S3, EC2, VPC, AWS Batch, ECR, ECS, Lambda, Systems Manager, Security Hub, AWS Organizations, IAM, RDS, ElastiCache, EFS, FSx.
- Solid automation experience with Go (Golang) and/or Python.
- Strong experience with Infrastructure automation and IaC using Terraform.
- Good knowledge of Github Actions and ArgoCD
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
Nice to have:
- Used to work in a regulated environment.
- Experience working with high-availability, distributed systems and services in a hosting environment including hardware, OS, storage, network, and database solutions.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, and other common network protocols.
- Experience with database technology, both relational and NoSQL.
- Experience in healthcare, life science, or other enterprise software, technology, or SaaS companies in similar fields.
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environments.
- Experience working with enterprise customers and stakeholders.
Your unique set of skills are:
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships.
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals.
- A builder – likes to be part of a core team that is building a new thing from scratch.
- Strong analytical and prioritization skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity