Neon is an open-source company on a mission to create a cloud-native database service for every developer.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps to manage our CI/CD.
- Join an experienced team and contribute to the foundation all of Neon is built upon
- Contribute to building a stable and cost-efficient infrastructure foundation
- Play a key role in ensuring we are proactive instead of reactive with our CI/CD
- Coach your fellow engineers on various engineering topics
- Be ready to join an on-call rotation
We’re looking for someone who has
- 5+ years experience working with Rust, Python, or C/C++
- Experience with CI/CD and pipeline components (we currently use GitHub Actions)
- Experience with complex Linux environments
- Experience building solutions for problems with no answers on Google
- Experience driving projects independently from start to finish
Neon is building open-source cloud-native PostgreSQL. Our architecture separates storage from compute, allowing for stateless and serverless Postgres. We’re a well funded startup with deep knowledge of Postgres internals and decades of experience building databases. We are a systems company; we work on low-level code with strict performance and correctness requirements.
Neon was created by a team of Postgres hackers, and led by CEO Nikita Shamgunov (co-founder of SingleStore). Neon is built on open-source principles and is focused on giving back to the Postgres and developer communities.
- We are distributed team of 40 people working from 15 countries (North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- Team with decades of experience building databases and deep knowledge of Postgres internals
- We have experienced Postgres hackers on the team (check Heikki, Anastasia, Arseny, Matthias)
- We aim for a diversity of thoughts and backgrounds
- We are keen to be a fast-moving flat org and avoid hierarchical structures
- Top-tier investors backed up Neon's vision:
- We raised $54.3m from GGV Capital, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, Founders Fund
- Our angels investors are prominent technologists, and ecosystem players. More than 20 awesome angels supported Neon, including Nat Friedman, Elad Gil, Mike Ovitz, Ajeet Singh, Guillermo Rauch, Søren Brammer Schmidt, and Wes McKinney
- Our Board includes Quentin Clark, Glenn Solomon, Joe Morrissey, and Leigh Marie Braswell
- You have an opportunity to be an early employee in the fast-scaling ambitious team
- You can work 100% remote: we'll handle all formalities to arrange work from your home
- We pay top of the market in most parts of the world
- We grant equity (stock options) for all full-time hires
- We offer a competitive benefits package in line with all tech companies (top-notch equipment, unlimited vacations, paid parental leaves, and much more)
- We are distributed, yet make our bonds during regular offsites (the last one was in Cyprus)
Our Hiring Process
We like to keep things and get awesome people fast. We aim to complete a hiring process within a week from the moment we review your application.
- The entire hiring process is fully remote
- Once you have submitted your CV, our team will review it, and we can contact you to schedule an initial call with a recruiter
- If we move on to the next steps, you will have several calls with our engineers
- Once all the interviews are over, our team will swiftly analyze the results of all the steps and present the final decision