At Pilot Information Security, work is more than a job - it's a calling to engineer safety, innovate and have fun. As a member of the team, you will help to optimize our security operations effort. You will be a key member in determining the impact of issues within our environment and working with security architects and engineers to resolve them. You will help drive collaboration with our partner teams in IT, Engineering, Product and other areas to accomplish company-wide information security initiatives that impact all aspects of the business.
- Monitoring, evaluating and responding to relevant alerts and events from the security tools
- Building security monitoring and incident response capabilities to improve our ability to detect and respond to dynamic security threats
- Contributing to our evolving incident response processes and recommending refinements based on lessons learned
- Developing tools that integrate security into systems and processes, enabling our employees to do their jobs better and more securely with minimal friction
- Knowledge of forensic analysis techniques, eDiscovery? and chain of custody
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Passion for tracking and monitoring key security metrics such as Mean Time to Detect (MTTD), Mean Time to Investigate (MTTI), and Mean Time to Respond (MTTR)
- A breadth of knowledge and experience across the information security domains, including areas such as EDR, SIEM, firewalls, IDS/IPS, IAM, vulnerability management, incident response, and threat intelligence
- Knowledge of modern adversary tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs); network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, TLS, IPSec, HTTPS)
- Proficiency with a programming or scripting language, such as Python or infrastructure-as-code configuration tools such as Terraform, CircleCI, and CloudFormation
- Digital forensics certification (e.g., CHFI, GCFA, CFCE or related) is a plus
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion - Meet Fintech's Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents - 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan