As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
The Platform Engineering Manager Role
As Knotch’s Platform Engineering Manager, you will be leading a team of high-performing engineers and an offshore team working across the entire platform to ensure its stability, security, reliability, and scalability. This is a pivotal role that can make a tremendous impact on how we grow as a company. We are processing 10s of Billions of events per month. We are proud to say that we have not had a Severity 1 incident for over a year. Our entire infrastructure and applications are hosted in AWS. Your DevOps efforts will help Knotch reach its highest level technologically; your keen sense of balance between best practices and managing business objectives is the key. You will work closely with and report directly to our SVP of Engineering, Sekhar Vajjhala.
How you’ll add value at Knotch:
- Ensure production is running stable with high 9s availability
- Managing and working with the offshore lead and his team. This team consists of both DevOps and SRE skills
- Ensuring your offshore team is productive with scalable and stable pre-production environments
- Running point during incidents as in being a partner with Incident Manager.
- Collaborating with leads of Backend, Data, QA, Frontend, and Head of Product
- Remove any unnecessary load to reduce costs for Knotch. Keeping costs under control and working with finance teams for any configuration approvals
- Remain organized through diligent utilization of Jira and Confluence. This is critical for visibility, the ability to report on people usage, and identify gaps
- Being hands-on to resolve issues in the AWS and DevOps
You’ll be successful here if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in Platform Engineering operations
- Recent experience as an individual contributor
- Experience working and coordinating a team of Platform engineers on or offshore
- Cloud AWS experience with tools such as Docker, EC2, ECS, and Kubernetes
- Exposure to AWS configurations such as S3, EC2, and RDS, EBS, ELB, IAM, Route53, Cloudfront, Elasticache, and WAF
- Been exposed to the AWS toolkit solution including: AWS Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, and SNS
- Demonstrated experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform
- Hands-on knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes and tools like CircleCI or Jenkins
- Work history in assisting development teams in building and deploying microservices-based applications in public cloud with CI/CD tools and processes
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
We also appreciate (but don’t require):
- Experience working with Grafana, Prometheus, and Loki, strongly preferred.
- Experience with ReactJS, Ruby, Python 3, or similar languages