Open Source is in our genes. Open means more than shared source code to us. It's a philosophy and approach ingrained in everything we do. It's how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it's about keeping our minds open to new ideas.
Leveraging our Linux heritage, we deliver the truly open open-source solutions, flexible business practices, and exceptional service that supports our customers' digital transformation demands. We embrace open source to create flexible solutions that are hardened and secured for the most demanding environments.
What you can expect:
- You'll translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
- You'll identify, develop and prioritize support services according to business criticality.
- You'll research, design, operate and maintain infrastructure services for existing and new business applications and information systems.
- You'll work closely with various internal development teams and enable them to consume cloud-based resources.
- You'll participate as a member of an IT technical team and may lead a small team of engineers.
- You'll implement business or infrastructure applications or services following the best practices, reference architecture and cloud governance.
What we expect from you:
- You're passionate about learning new technologies related to Cloud.
- You have experience in Linux system administration, database administration and programming language or scripting
- You have basic knowledge about cloud-native and twelve-factor patterns.
- You understand the concept of containers and Kubernetes.
- You know how to maintain resources using Infrastructure as Code and Helm.
- You're fluent in English, written and verbal.
- You care for your team and its success.
- You document your work and maintain it.
- You like to work with others to achieve best-in-class solutions.
- You challenge the status quo to drive outstanding quality.
- You're open to giving and receiving feedback.
- You're willing and able to share your knowledge.
- You're willing to always learn new things.
- You want to become part of the team that is modernizing infrastructure and applications on daily basis.
- You exhibit a high level of initiative and integrity.
- You possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self-confidence.
- You can work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong understanding of Git or similar source control systems.
- 7 or more years of experience writing code such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Ruby; databases SQL-based, and NoSQL.
- Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies, tools and SCM.
- Advanced understanding of software test methodologies, and an expert in testing tools.
Why working at SUSE is great:
- Amazing 25+ years of experience in open source and Linux.
- Riding the wave of new trends in technology.
- The multinational company full of experienced and amazing professionals.
- Open source is everywhere in our daily job - Flexible working time.
- Customer first policy. We care about our customers and we mean it!
- DevOps and SRE culture. We constantly shrink the gap between Dev and Ops via overcommunication, appropriate tools and shared codebase, we never stop improving our infrastructure.
- Infrastructure as code - we don't trust our memory, we test and then run.
- Agile software development values and principles. We constantly learn how to deliver more value and work smarter, not harder.