Spaceport is a stealth startup building infrastructural fabric for metaverse worlds. We’re freshly capitalized and venture backed by some of the best crypto-native VCs, respected celebrities and largest studios in the world.
We’re developing technologies that will expand what is possible on the blockchain, set new precedents in how digital content interacts with the real world and lead the march towards a decentralized metaverse future.
Our rockstar team’s experience ranges from launching billion dollar gaming franchises like Bioshock and Saint’s Row to projects with celebrities like Seth Rogen and Method Man.
If you are seeking a role at a well-funded company operating at the bleeding edge of technology, if you want to collaborate with the brightest minds and celebrities from around the world and if you want to build decentralized software that will be used by billions of people —you should apply for this job.
What to expect
You will work directly with the CTO and product team on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to wear many hats and directly contribute to our core products and help scale them to customers around the world.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing various cloud-based and on-prem production system
- Understanding the high-level overview of our architecture, and possessing the ability to systematically document new and existing requirements to ensure a smooth project delivery without miscommunication.
- Maintain and improve our CI development pipeline
- Ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Building, releasing and configuration management of production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains
- Ensuring system security policies are properly remediated.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements
- Evaluate new technology options to improve your infrastructure stack.
- Contribute to decisions regarding deployment and observability best practices
- Drive best practices for building the Platform Engineering organization
- Enjoy building great infrastructure to support internal and external facing systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in DevOps and/or Platform Engineering or equivalent experience as a Full Stack Software Developer, responsible for coding either/both application and infrastructure
- Experience designing and developing CI/CD pipelines
- Database development experience using PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of modern tool chain used for developing high quality web and blockchain applications
- Clear communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with cross disciplinary teams
Nice to Have
- Understanding of blockchain test environments using Truffle, Ganache, Hardhat, etc.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 technologies (rollups, Validium, side chains)
- Side projects you can showcase
Types of people we’re looking for
- Builders - people who love building something new and seeing their work used, whether as a passion side project, in a startup, or within a larger corporation.
- Speedwalkers - people who get things done, who move with unusual urgency, who take pride in continual improvement and integrating feedback
- Owners - people who take responsibility for their decisions, document their processes and treat their work with a deep sense of pride
- Troublemakers - people who enjoy not just getting their hands dirty, but dream about what can be improved, new products that could be built, and new lines of business that we can disrupt
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Work-from-home improvement stipend
- Coworking membership stipend
- Professional learning and development stipend