We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet, and loves learning, sharing their knowledge, and applying new technologies to complex problems.
This position can be completely remote or you can work from one of our office locations located in Canada or the USA. The preferred location for this position is remote or in the Toronto head office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and mentor a team of talented SRE
- Gain deep understanding of our existing platforms
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that development standards are adhered to
- Design and implement features of increasing complexity
- Own and ensure that internal SLA’s go above and beyond expectations
- Build tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall stack
- Collaborate closely with other internal stream-aligned teams
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and solve problems
- Collaborate in a remote-first environment
- Contribute back to upstream OSS when appropriate
- Share knowledge and act as a trusted mentor to junior team members.
- Own projects or features from conception to release
- Balance the need to ship code quickly with the need to make sound technical decisions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (eg. Terraform)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Experience mentoring others
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid working background in Linux
Who you might be:
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
- Background in private cloud (Openstack) or AWS