Routeware is the industry leader in providing SAAS software solutions, integrated technologies including RFID, AI, video, hardware/software, and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations achieve a digital transformation that saves time and money, increases efficiency, improves safety, and helps to make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company is PE-backed and employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
• Intellectual Curiosity - We nurture skills, knowledge, and creativity.
• Emotional Intelligence - We are personable, positive, and caring — and we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
• Customer Focus - We advocate for our customers.
• Team Commitment - We take ownership, play well with others, and are reliable.
• Solution and Action Orientation - We approach solutions proactively, collaboratively, and thoroughly.
DevOps is a key component of the Routeware team and we are looking for the ideal candidate for this position who has advanced knowledge of the concepts, best practices, and procedures within the DevOps practice. They will have exceptional skills in communication and documentation and will be able to foster professional relationships. They should be comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs.
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure.
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs.
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage.
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management.
- Incidence management and root cause analysis.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members.
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs.
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows environments
- Multiple CI/CD tools experience (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Etc)
- Configuration and managing databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, Mongo
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- A strong team player with the ability to manage and collaborate on multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- At least 3 years of experience in DevOps.
- Experience with SysOps/GitOps.
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Azure
- Comprehensive benefits (medical with HSA option, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical and Dependent FSA
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- Nine company holidays