Technologies you’ll work with
- We work with a modern technology stack that includes Go, CircleCI, Terraform, GitHub, various CNCF projects, and cloud native technologies on the three major cloud providers, and we use Kubernetes to orchestrate our infrastructure. We deliver our products and solutions to individuals, businesses, and to many of the most recognizable global brands and organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop the core functionality of Plotly's enterprise products, with a particular focus on application management and scalability.
- Develop Kubernetes operators (Golang & Kubebuilder).
- Improve reliability, testing, automation, observability, and performance throughout our infrastructure and product stack.
- Scale Dash Enterprise to more demanding customer requirements in multi-cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) and on-premise environments.
- Identify and communicate product and documentation improvements.
- 5 years of experience writing code as part of your job (in any language).
- 5 years Linux systems administration and generalist networking experience.
- 2 years of working with Kubernetes in a product delivery setting.
- 1 year or more of experience with Golang.
- 1 year or more of experience with backend web application development.
- Strong knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based networking, and associated security and privacy concerns.
- Strong knowledge of a DevOps maturity model, and its application to development activities such as version control, build management, configuration management, continuous integration/delivery, and test automation.
- Significant experience with one or more cloud providers.
- Demonstrable track record of success in a technical engineering role, including clear demonstration of contribution and delivery in a product-centric environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a Remote-first environment.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment, learn new technologies and platforms, and be comfortable with troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with one or more CNCF technologies.
- Past experience with one or more of reliability, testing, automation, observability, CI and performance work
- Prior experience with Plotly graphing libraries, or Dash.
- Interest in data visualization or data science generally.
- Prior technical leadership experience
What We Can Offer You
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible schedule and generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision, and more benefits
- Company stock options
- Parental leave policy
- Learning and development program
- Community involvement
- Home office set up fund
As a company with roots in the open-source community, Plotly introduced web-based data visualization to Python. Today, the company offers Dash Enterprise, which provides the best software tools and platform to enable every enterprise in the world to build and scale data applications quickly and easily.
At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of first-class scientists, engineers, developers and builders that challenge the status quo and set the bar high. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets on a continuous basis, to approach every problem with curiosity and an open-mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data, facts and information.
Plotly is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance.