IMS is currently undertaking a programme of work to modernise and enhance our industry acclaimed DriveSync platform.
DriveSync is a highly scalable, resilient, and robust AWS cloud-based platform that is perfectly placed to meet the needs of insurance and mobility customers. It ingests telematics data from many sources such as custom designed and commodity IoT devices, white labelled mobile apps, and an SDK. Once the data is ingested and validated, it is processed, analysed, and scored to produce valuable insights to our clients about their customers aimed at reducing their operational costs, increasing road safety, and improving driving behaviour.
Our clients interact with our platform using APIs and portals and their customers visualise their journeys and see driving scores using our mobile phone application “OneApp”.
At its core, DriveSync is a big-data platform continuously ingesting, processing, and storing many terabytes of data sent from in-car devices. It leverages cutting edge data science, machine learning and data modelling capabilities to analyse and provide insights on the data. It is built using serverless technologies and microservice APIs coupled with modern software engineering practices and principles.
As a DevOps engineer you will be involved in collaborative design and guidance, hands-on technical work, problem solving and solution implementation. You'll also share your knowledge with other members of the team, identify and champion improvement initiatives across the estate, working in tandem with engineering teams and other stakeholders to achieve business goals alongside your own personal development goals.
Some of your responsibilities will include;
- Being directly responsible for the implementation of the CI/CD toolchain and promoting best practice with CI/CD.
- Providing input into the design and implementation of cloud infrastructure whilst also ensuring systems are secure by design and conform to AWS security best practices.
- Actively seeking out opportunities for improvement and enhancement of the platform, finding delivery bottlenecks creating solutions for those bottlenecks.
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure that platforms are designed for zero downtime and help support engineering team peers to ensure that development work is delivered on time, on budget and in line with best practice. Take accountability for the success of the project and offer input and insight to areas other than just the development.
We know you'll have a great amount of skill to draw upon, but we think the most important are;
- A passion for cloud computing tech, specifically AWS, and a desire for continuous improvement and innovation.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a commercial environment using cloud technologies, preferably AWS including:
- An understanding of DevOps ‘philosophy’ and a passion to embrace it, confidence in system architecture and a deep understanding of foundational concepts, particularly IAM, networking, DNS and HTTP.
- Hands-on software engineering experience with one (or more!) programming language.
- Proven, recent experience using tools for CI/CD e.g. GitLab or similar.
- Experience of Infrastructure as code principles and technologies, including Terraform.
- Able to work in harmony with multiple departments alongside colleagues or independently, as the task requires.
- A forward thinking, 'can do' change mindset, making you open to adapting to changing business requirements.
It would also be great, but not essential, if you had exeprience working as a Software Engineer, working in an agile environment and experience using SAM and AWS CloudFormation.
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays plus a holiday buy/sell scheme to really make the most of your time.
- Private life and health insurance
- Christmas Savings Club and store discounts
- Hybrid working policy
- Online learning platform and Teams channels to help support your knowledge and enable you to share it with others
- Employee Assistance Programme and an enhanced maternity/paternity package.
- Kudos Hub - here you can recognise others using points, which can be collected and redeemed against a huge catalogue of rewards!
- Culture Calendar - where everyone is invited to celebrate days on importance, such as Remembrance Day, National Coding Week and Road Safety Week.