At Displayr, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to find and share the stories in their data. We do this by creating software that makes it easy to do all aspects of data analysis and reporting, from simple tables through to machine learning, PowerPoint automation through to online dashboards.
We're a bootstrapped and profitable company - no debt, no external investors. In the last 5 years, we've grown from 11 to over 60 people, and we have 1,400+ great clients, from small businesses through to Amazon, Facebook, and Google.
What you'll do
We are looking to expand our DevOps team at Displayr to continue to improve development efficiency in our growing engineering team and ensure higher quality releases.
- Manage Azure including management of reserved VM instances
- Be able to deploy Displayr into production
- Assist in management of the Kubernetes cluster
- Manage and resolve problems with R server builds
- Manage and resolve problems with the in-house testing system
- Provide support and advice to stakeholders on DevOps (and Software Engineering) related concerns
- Extend test systems to be more efficient
- Implement new tools and processes to manage infrastructure and systems
- Assist with management and governance of infrastructure resources
- implement infrastructure solutions and automation in Azure and AWS
- Assist in implementing of automation solutions and optimisations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes
- Assist in the instrumentation of new and existing systems and use metrics to implement robust active and passive monitoring
- Fluency in (at least) one scripting language - e.g. Python
- Experience implementing automation using shell scripting
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g. Travis CI, AppVeyor, GitHub actions)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (e.g. Azure Resource Manager templates, Terraform)
- Experience in administration of Windows and Linux
- Experience in cloud architecture and cloud networking.
- Based in Australia with full working rights.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, container orchestration systems and containerisation - preferably Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Pact, Postman)
- Tertiary qualification in IT, software engineering or equivalent
- Associate level certification in a cloud provider
- At Displayr you are not just a cog in the large engine. You'll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact.
- Displayr is entirely bootstrapped and continues to grow safely. We are not driven by Venture Capital, so we decide our own direction, based on what is good for our customers.
- We offer the best we can to our team to help them be the best they can.
- We prefer evidence over intuition, experience, and "best practice". We work hard to make the best idea win, not the idea of the most experienced person.
- You have unlimited opportunity to learn new skills and technologies and grow in the company.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based bonus
- Options in the business (join a fast-growing company in its early stages)
- Relaxed workplace and culture
- Flexible working hours (part-time or full-time)
- Select your own equipment
- Training allowance to help you grow your skills
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- 100% remote or we can relocate you to Sydney if you are keen for a change of scenery.