Exscientia is an AI-driven pharmatech company committed to discovering, designing and developing the best possible drugs in the fastest and most effective manner. Exscientia developed the first-ever functional precision oncology platform to successfully guide treatment selection and improve patient outcomes in a prospective interventional clinical study, as well as to progress AI-designed small molecules into the clinical setting. Our pipeline demonstrates our ability to rapidly translate scientific concepts into precision-designed therapeutic candidates, with more than 25 projects underway. By designing better drugs, faster, we believe the best ideas of science can rapidly become the best medicines for patients.
We’re seeking a DevOps Engineer to contribute to our mission to develop better medicines, faster, to people around the world. You will be working as part of an agile team on greenfield and established projects using modern tools and cloud-based technologies. You will collaborate closely with Data Scientists, Software Developers and Research Engineers to help us build upon Exscientia’s proven record of success. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Work in a high performing cutting edge team.
- Help us build the next generation of Centaur ChemistTM, the industry leading automated drug design platform.
- Participate in architecture and software development activities.
- Define and implement services in line with the long term product roadmap.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure all services can be deployed in a fully automated way using infrastructure as code.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are complete and meet expectations.
- Develop your skills and knowledge within cloud and software engineering.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Translate loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- 2+ years experience supporting software engineering teams delivering large scale web platforms.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code services such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Proven software engineering ability.
- Experience using open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Proven ability with database technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, DynamoDB, Athena, Neo4J.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence requirements.
- To promote DevOps best practises such as planning, implementation, testing and developing CI/CD pipelines.
- Coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- To perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Work together to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- We will work with you to kick-start or further grow your career – from funding for professional development and conference attendance. To also ensuring you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- We will work with you to provide a highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- Our teams health and well-being is important to us which is why we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- We offer a generous holiday allowance, provide flexible working and remote working to encourage all of our team to manage their own work, time and life.
- When you are in the office, you will have access to a kitchen stocked with an endless supply of food for all employees along with plenty of break out areas so you can get to know the people you are working with. Some of the best ideas start with a coffee break!
- Hear from our team why they enjoy working here