AnswerRocket is a leader in AI-powered analytics disrupting the traditional BI and analytics market. Named a Cool Vendor by Gartner, AnswerRocket is changing the way that Fortune 500 and mid-size clients make decisions everyday. Our self-service analytics platform combines machine learning with natural language generation to enable business leaders to make better, faster decisions. Reporting to our Devops Team Lead, the DevOps Engineer will be hands-on scaling and managing our engineering infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for an entry to mid-level engineer to join an early stage startup, master our software development operations and have the ability to create new DevOps processes.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with software engineering, product, services and customer success teams to design, deliver and manage our services with high uptime
- Maintain a DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts and on-going production operations
- Learn new technologies, architect, and implement new solutions to automate infrastructure
- Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Monitor applications and services within the environments, take actions to resolve issues and implement strategies to prevent future occurrences
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 1-3 years working in DevOps, Software development, network management or similar role with hands-on coding focus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience developing production-quality applications in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations
- Software process automation with popular scripting languages (Bash or Python)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Strong focus on business outcomes
- Self-starter, able to tackle projects from start to finish with ownership
What We Offer
- Competitive salary with health, dental and vision insurance.
- Equity incentive plan.
- 401K, Health Savings, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents.
- Company-wide and individual goal setting each quarter where success is recognized and rewarded.
- Remote-friendly culture with weekly stand-ups, virtual lunches, and a video-first attitude.
- Self-funded, stable startup with an approachable leadership team.
- Our People (or “Rocketeers” as we say) is the best part about working at AnswerRocket!