Waldo Photos is a photo-sharing app built for you, by people like you. At Waldo, we’ve built a photo-sharing app to serve the needs of our families and friends, remove all the headaches of sharing, and protect their privacy. Waldo provides 100% Ad-free, non-toxic photo sharing and no selling of our user’s data. Just meaningful memories, genuinely and authentically shared in a safer and healthier way. Plus automated, AI-powered face finding that delivers every photo you’re in.
Why Work for Waldo?
Waldo is in rapid growth mode--adding users, increasing revenue, expanding into existing markets, and making entries into new verticals! To meet that growth we are looking to double our development team in the coming year. We want teammates who want to be empowered to take ownership over the technology and features that drive Waldo-- and to see their impact on the team and our users directly on a daily basis.
What You’ll Do:
As a DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for the infrastructure that makes Waldo go; both the product and the development team! On any given day you will:
- Own, design, implement, operate and support the tools and platforms in cooperation with the development team which is based on technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes / Docker, Prometheus / Grafana, Elasticsearch / Kibana / Fluent Bit, Zabbix, Redis, etc
- Ensure uptime, scale and performance of the running infrastructure against SLA’s
- Support our continuous delivery pipelines to ensure rapid, repeatable and consistent delivery of features
- Clearly communicate technical approaches to technical and business stakeholders
- Own, identify, monitor and communicate the operational metrics critical to maintaining the integrity and performance of the platform
- Be a technical change agent by driving improvement through collaboration with the team, your knowledge, and experience
About the Team
We are a tight-knit, fully-remote development team spanning the world. Every member is critical to our mission and success and can draw a direct line to their everyday work and elevating the Waldo product and experience.
We are looking for independent problem-solvers who value learning, enjoy keeping current on technology trends, and crave the ownership, autonomy and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. This is a perfect opportunity for you if you:
- Are passionate about our mission of making it easier for people to be connected with their photos, experiences and loved ones.
- Want the opportunity to have a direct and highly-visible impact on shaping the delivery and performance of a product and elevating the user-experience each and every day
- Seek a role where your contributions extend beyond the technical-- and are excited about incorporating feedback and working with colleagues in Sales, Customer Operations, and Product Design
- Feel energized and motivated by the challenge of creating something new (and changing)
- Bring enthusiasm to working with a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art tech stack
- Feel passionate about quality through reliability, repeatability, automation, performance and uptime.
- Work best in a highly-independent and autonomous environment where you are measured and valued by your output instead of your hours.
- Want to work wherever in the world you want to work as part of a fully remote development team
- Enjoy working in a collaborative development environment through open developer discourse, design discussions, code reviews, etc.
While we're based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are in need of a full-time commitment but open to remote, international, or contract arrangements.
- Previous experience (3+ years) supporting a running, highly-available, cloud-based mission-critical production system.
- Experience with Linux is a must, preferably Debian based distributions.
- Experience deploying, monitoring and operating Kubernetes and Docker in production.
- Ability to thrive in a small team with a high-autonomy environment.
- Experience collaborating via pull requests, code reviews, design discussions, etc.
- Experience with AWS management and configuration. Services we depend on include IAM, EC2, RDS (Aurora PostgreSQL), S3, Route 53, ECS, EFS, OpenSearch, SNS, Cloudwatch, WAF.
- Ability to be a Leader / Mentor / Collaborator.
- Previous remote working experience or equivalent self-directed experience.
- Experience within a DevOps culture and prior responsibility over a live, deployed system.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting a live distributed system through logs, metrics, tracing, etc.
- Experience with continuous delivery practices and patterns.
- Experience with data stores such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis.
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud platform.
- Experience with cloud-native application development, tools and patterns.
- Experience with distributed message based architectures and systems and associated messaging tools like RabbitMQ.
- Experience using Zabbix / Grafana / Kibana for monitoring software and infrastructure performance.
- Proficiency in Bash scripting and Python.
- Experience with kops, EKS, k0s.
- Experience / comfortable with full stack development.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work remote from anywhere in the world.
- Flexible vacation.
- Market competitive compensation & stock options